It’s the right time to give a second thought to your clothing budget. There are many ways to save money on clothes like to find a flatmate and swap your clothes. Try these simple tips to save some money on your clothing budget:
- Shop Out of Season: When the season is changing, it is time for the stores to make the space for the next season’s inventory; most of the stores offer deep discounts on the leaving season’s clothing. This way you can easily find cheap clothes.
- Look for Online Deals: Look for the online deals as some clothing deals can save you lot of your money. This way, you can compare prices from multiple retailers and get the best deals. Other big plus point with this is that by shipping online, you can buy at your leisure and you won’t be attracted by impulse buys.
- Trends: Buy the clothes that look good on you, are of classic styles, durable fabrics and that mix well with one another. This way you will get the diversity without wasting money to buy so many clothes. You should not go after the fashion trends to the extent possible, as trends may become outdated even before you even get out of the store.
- Learn basic sewing: Learning how to make simple alterations can save you lots of money. Don’t throw the jeans or a shirt as it have a small hole, you can easily mend it. Learn to sew; it hardly takes any time to sew a button on the shirt. If you know sewing skills, you can even remodel or update your old clothes that you’re bored with or that are out of fashion.
- Wash the clothes when required: If your clothes are not dirty, wear them again. The less you wash the longer they will last (of course not your under garments J). So don’t drop your clothes directly in the laundry, check if they are not dirty, just hang them up. This way you will be saved from extra work and clothes will be saved from unnecessary wear and tear.
- Take care of your clothes: Taking good care of your clothes will help them last longer. Before washing the clothes, do read the clothing care tags and follow their instructions. Use mild detergents; avoid the dryer when possible especially for the designer fabrics.
- Shop with Cash: It’s very common to overspend when you’re using a credit or debit card. But buying with cash is usually a better way of saving money, as this allows you to see that how much you’re spending. Moreover with cash you have to shop from the money you have brought for shopping, you can’t cross your budget. So make use of cash when possible and do keep the track of your receipts to check your spending.
- Use Discount Chains: Buying clothes from the discount chains is an excellent way to save money without compromising on fashion. Discount chains buy large quantities from the manufacturer; therefore these chains normally offer cheaper clothes than the market. To get more savings you can buy in bulk for all of your flatmates.
- Hold the Bleach: Prefer not to bleach your clothing, as it causes clothes to disintegrate more quickly. If you want to brighten your white clothes, make use of baking soda and hot water in its place.
- Avoid Sales: Although sales can help you get very good bargains, but it may end up in spending more and buying more than what you normally would. Always study the market before buying as some stores mark up prices just before a major sale, only to mark them down to regular price for the special sale.
All these tips could help you stay within your budgets…make it a habit to save money in things that you do every day, no matter if it is just a few dollars. All the money saved can be spent on things that really matter! Hope this week’s tips will help you save your money. Next week we will be back with some more tips to have entertainment without blowing your budget and giving up the fun.