Have you fallen onto some hard times and are having trouble paying your rent all on your own? Do not be ashamed because everyone has trouble once in a while with the bills, especially in today’s tough economy. So if you are looking for a way to make things easier on yourself, what you could do is find a room in a house share or a flatshare with someone. If you are on the fence about sharing, that is to be expected, and to help you make the decision about getting a house share, here are some reasons for why and why not to live with a flatmate.
The reasons why you should house share:
- You can save money by splitting the rent living with someone else in a house share or flatshare.
- You will have a feeling of security since you will be living with another person instead of being alone.
- You have a built-in friend, which in this case is a good thing because if you are feeling lonely, you have someone to talk to.
- The money you save on rent with a house share can be used for other things like paying down a credit card or other expenses.
The reasons why you should not do a house share:
- You will not have as much privacy like you did when living alone.
- There is the possibility that your flatmate will not pay his or her rent on the house share you get, and then you might end up having to spend more money.
- You have a built-in friend, which in this case is a bad thing because your new flatmate might never leave you alone.
- You might have to live with more than one person.
If the reasons why you should live with a flatmate outweigh the reasons why you should not live with one, then you should really look into living in a house share. It might take you a bit to adjust to it, yet in the long run, think of all the money you will be able to save.