London is inarguably one of the most famous cities in the world; there hardly is any young person who does not look forward to spending a vacation in London. London is a city rich with history and modern features too. The City and country’s economy is significant in terms of world economy but on the tourism front also, London is a hub of tourist activity. Loads of people flock into the city to see the countless vacation spots littered all around the greater London area. If you know the right places to visit in London, your easy flatmate can rest assured of an awesome time in the city. Here are some destinations in the city popular with tourists.
- The Museums: London is abundantly supplied with an array of Museums loaded with artifacts second to none in the world. Most tourists that come to London whether inclined to the arts or not usually have a handful of Museums in London they report to during their stay. The National gallery, the British Museum, Tate Modern, Natural History Museum, the list goes on and on.
- The Tower of London: You were never in London if you didn’t visit the monumental Tower of London. From being the monarchial home to being a prison and now home for the crown jewels, the Tower of London is one of London’s most respected monuments. It is thus not surprising that tourists usually take a picture around the Tower.
- The Big Ben and House of Parliament: One could think Big Ben was a person but no it is in reality a large clock tower that has lived from the 19th Century to date. The House of Parliament and the House of Lords are also neighbours to the Big Ben.
- The Tower Bridge: One of the landmark places in London, the Tower Bridge is across the River Thames in East London. The lovely design is an indispensable view stop for tourists. Don’t forget to take a photo of the structure while here. The Tower Bridge is both for vehicles and for walking unlike the London Bridge which is for pedestrians only.
- Buckingham Palace: There hardly is anyone in the world unaware of Buckingham Palace. The Palace is the home of the Queen of England and the royal family and truly a sight to behold. There are scheduled tours of the palace, though they do require tickets. One of the significant sights is watching the ceremony for the changing of the guards.
- Trafalgar Square: The Trafalgar square is another wonderful spot in London popular and famous among tourists. The Square is significantly bounded by interesting structures nearby. The nearby Galleries include the National Portrait and the National Gallery which are free to visit. The Contemporary Art Institute is also nearby; there is hardly a tourist who visits London who doesn’t visit Trafalgar Square and the wonderful monuments in it.
- The London Zoo: If you have some money and don’t mind spending for an easy flatmate then why not visit the London Zoo? The ticket costs about £17 but it is not surprising how many tourists flock to the Zoo. Ask for the Penguin Pool or the Bugs Pavilion or the notorious Gorilla Kingdom. Many different species of animals live in this zoo.
- The Westminister Abbey: This Church is probably one of the most famous tourist flocked churches in all of Europe and this is not for nothing. The church houses over 3000 tombs of famous and notable members of the ancient and modern London citizens. Most notable are the tombs of Elizabeth the first and Mary Tudor who are buried here. The church itself has conducted several notable weddings and funerals as well.
- Shopping: An Easy Flatmate deserves some good shopping and London does not disappoint one bit in this arena. Regent Street, Oxford Street, Covent Garden, Portobello Road, Harrod’s or the Camden Markets are great shopping places.
- The London Eye: The London eye is a beautiful feature in the London skies. Ranked as one of the highest observation wheels in Europe, the wheel holds 32 passenger capsules that can each take about 25 people at once who are free to walk around while it is moving. While on the half hour ride, one can be assured of the best and most famous views of the city. A truly fascinating experience you would enjoy with an easy flatmate.
London remains one of the most popular tourist destinations for the young and old. Tourists who flock to the city attest to a wonderful experience in the ancient and modern city of London and so will your easy flatmate.