Everyone knows that living in London is a tad expensive, but you don’t have to spend a fortune to get a decent meal. Room buddies especially students or low income earners would surely have need for cheap eating places where they can find quality food without having to pay through the nose. Such spots are available and are located all over the city and you can take advantage of them.
Here are a few of them; great and cheap eating places in London:
- The Little Bay: The restaurant should be your one stop place if you desire affordable but quality meals especially European dishes. The breakfast and lunches are slightly cheaper than the dinners and little wonder it is a huge favourite for many. Located in Croydon, Battersea and Farringdon Road.
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen “GBK”: Big organic burgers with chips and drink all for around £11 per person. Restaurants all around London.
- Wahaca: The Wahaca at Chandos Place serves great Mexican cuisine that customers find amazing. This place is ideal for room buddies in that you know you won’t pay beyond £4 per dish, though you might need a couple to have your fill. Awesome place.
- Stringray Café: This Café located in Highbury is very popular among the local londonders as being inexpensive and decent. The Stringray serves pizza for about £6 and a three course meal and wine for twice that amount. The Stringray also has branches in Tufnell Park and Columbia Road.
- Ranoush/Maroush: This group of Lebanese restaurants is located in several places in London, plenty at the south end of Edgware Road. They have a simple and successful formula, very fresh juices, simple kebabs, a selection of meze and are open until 3am which makes it a good place to rehydrate and take on board some much needed vitamins after a fierce night out!
- The Tas: If you are thinking of warming casseroles, sizzling grills and fresh fish then think of Tas. The Tas has outlets all over the city and despite being top quality, it is also well within reach. Once in a while, there are special offers where customers will eat more for less. Ideal for room buddies who love Turkish cuisine.
- The Franco Manca: If you are in Chiswick, Westfield London or Brixton, you can trust the Franco Manca for the best variety and well made pizzas and also very affordable. Traditionally made, these less than £5 pizzas are simply awesome. Who says you must pay so much for top quality?
- The Belgo: Top quality Belgian foods like the name suggest, the Belgo is an amazing place to eat. The food is good and affordable meaning you don’t have to pay a lot for it. They have special ‘beat the clock’ deals from time to time where for instance you pay £6:10 if you arrived at 6:10 pm. Some other offers include the varying rates for set menus and customers can look up these special offers from the restaurant’s website.
- The Masala:The Masala is ideal for room buddies who are fans of Indian food. These Indian restaurants are abundant with delicious delicacies you would always reminisce and of course will be drawn back to ever so often. The Thali is one delicacy you will enjoy eating a great deal. These lovely delicacies, friendly environment and staff will ensure the Masala remains an irresistible eating option for you.
- Wagamama: Locations are all over London for this restaurant which features a huge array of noodle dishes from teriyaki chicken donburi to yasai katsu curry all priced between £5 and £10. It is very popular with the locals, so don’t be surprised if you encounter a line at the entrance. The line moves quickly and is well worth the wait.
Cheap yet quality meals are possible and available in London as certainly not everyone can afford the hundreds of pounds for meals as a number of top restaurants in London offer. Low income earners, travelers on a low budget or students can have decent and cheap meals even in the expensive and busy London.