You can be sure that when you are in London, your flatmate would love to have a drink with you. Some people prefer celebrating indoors in bars or clubs or outside in the cold in a beer garden! But to me there is nothing like enjoying the ambience of a great wine bar. It can also be excellent fun to try a few different glasses of wine, especially with a small bite to eat. A wine bar is a great place to celebrate life with your flatmate, here are some of our favourites:
- 1707 Wine Bar: If you need an ancient wine bar with today’s class and taste then look no further than the 1707 Wine Bar. Deriving its name from the same year the department store was established on Picadilly, this bar is nestled in the Fresh Food Hall and offers guests and customers one of the best winery collections in all of London.
- The Bar 191: Bar 191 is a classy bar that offers a wide range of excellent wines and drinks. 191 Worple Road, Raynes Park, this is one of the best bars you can find in all of Wimbledon. This bar has an array of antique and modern wines, the best of the bunch as well as a fantastic tapas menu also.
- The Bar Pepito: People are attracted to this bar more for the quality service and rich collection of the best wines than for its generosity with space. The bar can accommodate just about five tables and is probably not the best in modern looks yet it still remains a people favourite. The Bar Pepito is at Varnishers Yard Regents Quarter in London.
- Vinoteca: Is there such a thing as a quiet bar? I doubt it but Vinoteca is actually the opposite of the word quiet. It is a very popular bar swarming with customers every night. The first was at St John’s Street but due to popularity and influx of customers, this bar has yet another outlet at Marylebone; both characterised by excellent delivery and quality service.
- Blackfriars Wine Bar: This Southwark bar bubbles courtesy of the finest choice wines you can find. It is your ideal celebration bar with the best brands of wines and champagnes. The bar also offers different delicacies of European meals. Located at Scoresby Street Southwark; the bar is welcoming hence your ideal spot for hanging out and relaxing with friends.
- Ebury Wine Bar: This is one of the most popular bars in all of Victoria London. Customers love bars that don’t just always have the ‘regular’ treat; everyone could use some variety of the best wines available. This is what the Ebury wine bar offers. Not only that, the Ebury also offers very good meals. An excellent joint; this one.
- Green & Blue: The people at this wine bar are on a mission to get Londers drinking wine for the pleasure of it. To help you on your way, they host regular wine tastings and wine dinners, and even run a dedicated school of wine. The East Dulwich wine shop, deli and bar is the perfect place to discover new wines.
- The Gordon’s Wine Bar: Ever heard the saying that old wines are tasty? Well the numerous customers who visit the Gordon’s wine bar can be thus forgiven in view of their incessant trips to what is probably the oldest bar in London. This bar so proud of its long history gladly flaunts it with the designs and looks within the bar as well as a rich collection of wines.
- DesVins: Find a flatmate, take him to the DesVins. This is a popular and ideal wine bar for most people in London. Different varieties and types of wines are not in doubt and it is no surprise how many people pay such attention to DesVins. Serving more than 20 varieties by the glass, DesVins conserves its wines taste, aroma and colour with a special “enomatic” wine-serving system, which uses a nitrogen gas preservation process.
- The Hackney Pearl: An endless list of the best wines in what could be called a perfect environment is what the Hackney Pearl is about. This very popular bar and cafe is located in Prince Edward Road, Hackney Wick. Aside the tempting collection of wines, the Pearl is beautifully furnished in the best ancient furnishing; a very unique experience for guests.
Having taken the pains to find a flatmate, there is no better way to settle their nerves and concerns about staying with you than by giving them an unforgettable treat in London’s best bars. There are dozens of other bars in London but these listed are an excellent place to start for a great evening out with your new buddy. Enjoy it to the full.