If you are room buddies with anyone, it is essential to have some good time together once in a while as that helps build better relationships with the person. Perhaps you are room buddies studying in a college in London and perhaps you are both new to the city, what better way to spend some free time than to move around some places of interest in the city and explore the beauty of London?
No doubt, what you spend the free time doing has to be an activity that interests you. For some they may have no interests in art, hence going to the museums might be a poor option. For others with interests in sports, they can take a trip down to Ashburton Grove to watch Arsenal FC play. London is a city that boasts of a rich heritage and lovely sites; thousands of tourists flock annually and even the inhabitants of the city themselves have an array of places to spend free time relaxing and having fun. Some of these places include;
- The London Eye: The London eye is one of the most fascinating structures in London. This eye is one of the largest Ferris wheels you will find anywhere in the world. A turn on the wheel is for about 25 minutes and at a height of about 400 feet, you can see lots of London sights, about 25 miles in all directions. The wheel holds 32 passenger capsules that can each take about 25 people at once who are free to walk around – what an experience for you and your room buddies!
- The Theatre: Visiting the theatre will be a worthwhile experience for you and your room buddies. Visiting the theatre surely would not be an everyday thing but would be a time well spent, especially if you are able to get a good deal for the ticket. Usually tickets come a lot cheaper if you book well in advance, but you may be able to get half price tickets on the day of the show – there is a great half-price ticket booth in Leicester Square.
- Tower Bridge: This is inarguably one of the foremost things you must see in London. The bridge is a true work of art spanning the River Thames on East London. The Bridge is open for both pedestrians and for vehicles and an amazing sight for tourists and new comers to the city.
- Wembley Stadium: This is one of the most famous football stadiums in the world and home to the FA Cup. Room buddies can go watch a great concert or football match though don’t forget the ear muffs as the fans usually make a lot of noise. Located at Wembley Park, this re-built stadium seats about 90,000 people.
- Buckingham Palace: The home of the very famous royal family in England, it is a beautiful and well designed structure. There are scheduled tours of the palace, though they do require tickets. One of the significant sights is watching the ceremony for the changing of the guards. Try approaching from Trafalgar square; you will have a nice walk.
- Shopping: If you love shopping then shopping in London will be a great experience for you and your room buddies. Whether you prefer Oxford Street, Regent Street, Covent Garden, Portobello Road, Harrod’s or the Camden Markets; you will get your fill of whatever you want to buy.
- Double Decker Buses: These are just no ordinary buses as you know they are not in every country but the double decker buses in London are a sight to behold and enjoy. There is the sightseeing buses which are usually open topped and take specified routes mainly for the top tourist destinations, but there are also city buses plying commuters from one part of the city to the other.
- The Museums: London’s museums are a rich collection of the best pieces of art works and historic artifacts. Watch out however for the queues usually of tourists from different countries who also want a view. Instead of spending the whole day in the queues why not make plans to go and get busy with other things and only return when the lines are a lot shorter? The List of Museums to choose from is a long one: the British Museum, Natural History Museum, Tate Modern and the National Gallery to name a few.
- London Zoo: The London Zoo has an amazing collection of the best and varied species of animals that you probably would be surprised seeing them all in one place. The Zoo will be full of chatter as many tourists throng the place to get their views and for you, you know you are in for a nice experience.
- Madame Tussauds: This is where you will meet the who’s who in London. It is a conglomerate of the leading names in politics, sports, showbiz, movies etc., only thing is they are in wax! At Madame Tussauds a photo of you with a celebrity of your choice is a real possibility. You and your room buddies have a whole lot of wonder filled experience awaiting them in London.