The 2012 London Olympics is one of the most anticipated events of the year. This is due to the wealthy variety of sport activities as well as other activities that is on offer during the course of the event. However, it is all that easy for some. There are several people from all corners of the world planning to attend this event but their greatest fear is where they will get to rent a room. This is has caused a lot of worry to many as they plan to their imminent trip to London. If you are one such individual, then there is no need to worry. There are plenty of rooms in London just for you. All you need to do is find the best avenue to locate them.
The 2012 London Olympics start on the 25th of July all the way to the 12th of August. However, if you are one of the people planning to attend the event, you should have already bought your tickets. The tickets sale commenced as early as 15th March, immediately after the Olympics schedule was released. This means that you should have also by now planned for most part your trip to the London Olympics. Some of the events you can see include:
- Opening Ceremony- It is by far the most colorful occasion to take place. There is normally a lot of band singing, fireworks, celebrity appearances and all sorts of performances.
- Indoor games- There are normally a wide variety of indoor games ranging from judo, table tennis, track cycling and badminton.
- Team sports – These range from football, basketball, volley ball and hockey. With team sports there are many players to watch and usually lots of action! Football will actually be the very first game to be played at the Olympics.
- Gymnastics- the fascination of those floor routines, the vault or the balance beam draws an amazing crowd at the Olympics and are well worth the effort to see.
- Outdoor games- just as the name suggest these are game events whereby the game takes place in the outdoor. They include archery, beach volley ball, equestrian, tennis and shooting.
- Athletics events- These are one of the hottest events in the Olympics. There are a variety of races that take place such as the 100 metre dash, hurdles, marathons and high jump. Most events will be hosted at Olympic Stadium.
- The fighting game events- If this is what you like, then you will be pleased to know that there will be a variety of fighting game events such as weight fighting, wrestling, taekwondo and judo. All these events will take place at the Excel Arena.
- Indoor water events – Also some of the hottest events at the Olympics are the water events such as the swimming, diving and water polo.
- Outdoor water events – for a leisurely afternoon by the lake or bay why not check out some of the outdoor water events such as rowing, sailing or canoeing.
- The closing ceremony- Just like the opening ceremony, the closing ceremony is normally quite glamorous with all the fireworks and performances simply adding to its flavor.
The Olympics will go for about 3 weeks, so if you haven’t booked any accommodation yet, then there are a couple of alternatives that you might consider choosing. Obviously, since you do not plan to stay for a very long time, the best option is to rent a room which you can do on a weekly or daily basis. The best place to find short term accommodation is here at ychatter.com. All you need to do is post a description of the kind of room you plan on renting plus your budget. You will have various options to choose from within no time.
So we hope you enjoy your stay in the beautiful old London town and get out to see the fantastic entertainment of the Olympic Games.