How it Works?
yChatter is the great way to match the perfect property to the perfect renter - it is like a dating site but for properties!
How to create an account
- Create your profile as accurately as possible so you can have the easiest renting experience.
- Add a profile picture of yourself so people don't think you have 2 heads - you will rent a place quicker by having a profile picture.
- Don't worry about including your phone number, as you get to specify if you want to share it or not.
I NEED a Place
So you're looking for a place to rent - well yChatter is the answer to your problem. You need to complete a number of steps to help us to match you to your perfect flatshare.
Create a renter profile
- Here's where you get to list what you're searching for in a place to live.
- If you aren't too fussy then just specify "doesn't matter" - you'll get more properties to choose from if you do this.
- If you are in the area where you want to live, use the GPS on your iPhone to specify the location - it's easy to update this if you want to swap locations.
Start searching for properties
- Remember you will only be able to add a property to your watch list if it matches your profile criteria.
- You can broaden your results by doing an advanced search and including the surrounding suburbs.
Message potential properties
- Once a property is added to your Watch List you are able to send messages to the flatmates or owner and request a viewing.
- Messages are a maximum of 140 characters - just like texting.
- Now don't worry, if at any time you decide the place really isn't for you then you can just "unwatch" it - no awkward phones calls!
- Remember that profile image that you loaded? Well that will be the first thing that your potential room buddies will see, so make sure it is a flattering one!
View the property
- When the person listing the property and you agree on a proposed viewing, the time of the viewing will be shown in the "Booked Property Viewings" area.
- Make sure you have the right date and be on time!
Accept a property offer
- The person listing the place can offer the property to you at any time - if you like it you can accept it. If you don't like the place then you can decline the property and continue searching for your ideal place. You can avoid some unpleasant moments by not making your phone number accessible - it's up to you if you share your phone number!
- All declined properties will be shown in the "Declined Properties" location.
- If a place you were watching is rented to someone else, then it will be displayed in "Declined Properties" for a week so you know the property is no longer for rent.
I HAVE a Place
So you want to rent a room out to earn some extra money, then yChatter is the perfect iPhone app for you! As you are totally in control of renting that spare room with the yChatter iPhone app and website! There are a few steps that you will need to complete to get started!
Create a property profile
- Here's where you get to tell everyone how great the place is.
- Don't forget to add up to 6 photos of your property so potential renters can seehow fab it really is.
- Create your profile as accurately as you so you can have the simplest renting experience. Tell them if it is close to the train or a great pub or the supermarket. You really need to sell it to the potential renters.
- You can always search through all yChatterproperties to see what people are placing in their listings and to learn about your competition!
Check out your workroom
- Here's where you will see your properties listed.
- People who are interested in your property will add your property to their "Watch List" and they will be added into your "Followers" area.
Message potential renters
- All Followers of your property can send you messages, propose times to view the property and you can offer them the place for rent.
- Be respectful of others when sending messages or booking appointments, as one day they could be living in your house!
Show your property
- If you or the potential renter request a viewing of the property, and the other accepts, then the appointment and the potential renter will be shown in the "Booked Property Viewings".
- Be on time when you have a property viewing, because you want the potential renter to also be prompt.
Offer your property
- At any time you are able to offer the property to a potential renter. If they accept your offer, then the property will no longer be available to other people. If the potential renter turns down your offer, then they will be shown in the Declined Potential Renters area.
- If you have offered a property to a potential renter, make sure you give them enough time to respond.
- You are able to decline the potential renter at any time and they will be shown in the "Declined Potential Renters" area. You can avoid those unpleasant moments of talking to someone you declined, by not making your phone number available.
- If you wish to withdraw your property at anytime, you will need to update the profile of the place to be Withdrawn.